Here is information you will need to connect your child to his/her class(es) using a Chromebook:
1. Every student has his/her own school Google account. Their username is (their first name) + (initial of last name) + @goquips.org . Their password is (their lunch number) + (the 2 digit DAY of the month they were born) + (a). For example, let’s pretend we have a student named Patty Cake who was born on 5/24/2009, and whose lunch number is 12345. Her username would be: [email protected] and her password would be: 1234524a .
2. Use your child's Google account information to sign in to the Chromebook.
3. Open the Chrome web browser, go to clever.com, and follow the on-screen directions to find our school's name. Then sign in to Clever using your child's Google account information. Clever should always be your child's starting point, so bookmark the website if you can.
4. Once your child is signed in to Clever, you should be able to see apps like IXL and Google Classroom. Click on Google Classroom.
5. You will be asked to enter your child's Google account information one last time. After that, Clever will remember the information.
6. Teachers will invite your child to join their individual Google Classrooms. Some may have already done that. If you see a square class card with the word "Join", go ahead and click "Join." Do it for every class card there is. (Grades 4-6 will have one for every subject.) If you don't see any class cards today asking your child to join, check back when school starts.
7. Your child will only have to log into Clever every day for school. From there, he or she will click on Google Classroom to submit attendance, find the day's assignments, and complete work. Your child will also be able to access other apps we will use for instruction, such as IXL, without having to remember all kinds of different login information.